This project is a third-party funded project, which is initially limited to two years and is to be staffed with 75 percent of the regular weekly working hours.
At the Institute of Neuropathology, we research neurodegenerative diseases, one of the most common of which is Alzheimer’s dementia, which affects more than 50 million people worldwide. The position advertised here also relates to this important research area. With us you will work in a dynamic team with international students and scientists. We are looking for employees who feel comfortable in our team and would like to advance our projects with us.
The focus of this project is the single-cell sequencing of frozen brain tissue from brains with familial Alzheimer’s disease.
- Preparation and isolation of single cells or cell nuclei from frozen brain tissue.
- FACS sorting and analysis of collected single cells or single cell nuclei.
- Microfluidic handling and barcoding of isolated cells/nuclei.
- RNA isolation, preparation and handling of cDNA libraries.
- Conducting standard molecular biological experiments such as genotyping and qPCR.
- Standardization and development of new molecular biological techniques.
- Collaboration and active participation in laboratory projects
- Independent organization of part of the experiments.
We look forward to that
- Completed vocational training as a biological-technical assistant or as a medical-technical laboratory assistant (MTLA or MTA-L). A university degree is also possible: biology, biotechnology, molecular life science, biochemistry and molecular biology or a university degree: biology, molecular life science.
- Prior knowledge and experience with basic molecular biology techniques and some experience with single cell sequencing protocols are prerequisites for this application.
- Communication with the group leader and the joint sessions take place in English, a good understanding and the ability to express oneself in this language are prerequisites. As a full partner in the team, you will actively participate in many meetings.
- Willingness to learn, communication skills, independence
That’s what we offer
- Regulated payment according to TVöD/VKA; Attractive company pension scheme and various employee discounts
- 30 days holiday; Opportunity for special leave and sabbatical
- Central location: Our clinic is centrally located at the beautiful Eppendorfer Park
- Sustainable on the go: subsidies for the HVV ProfiTicket and Dr. Bike bike service; Option to lease a company bike
- Crisis-proof workplace, meaningful work, appreciative cooperation and open exchange of knowledge in the team; structured training
- Opportunity to actively shape and further develop the world of work as part of our employee program (UKE INside).
- Extensive training programs (UKE Academy)
- Family-friendly working environment: cooperation on childcare, free holiday care, advice for employees with relatives in need of care
- Excellent health, prevention and sports offers
- Healthy and varied lunch break: In addition to our canteen, there is a wide range of culinary offers just a few steps away, for example the “Health Kitchen” cafés and bistros, as well as other snack bars, bakers, a supermarket, etc.
Contact the UKE
Recruiting contact: Can be reached on the phone number: (040) 7410-52599 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact to the department: Dr. medical Sepulveda-Falla, working group leader, by phone: (040) 7410-51920 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
The application can only be considered if there is complete immunization against the SARS-CoV-2 virus in accordance with the applicable requirements (at the latest at the start of employment). Please enclose relevant evidence with the application documents.